A candidate for this novel training program would be a physician who has completed a 3- or 4-year residency in Emergency Medicine and has shown an interest and potential in leadership and management during their training.
- 2 year fellowship
- MBA degree through Hofstra University paid for by department
- $140,000 per year salary in addition to productivity bonus
- 24 hours of clinical work as ED Attending required per week
- Six Sigma training and certification through Northwell Center for Learning and Innovation
- Work closely with departmental and hospital administration
A successful fellow in our program will gain knowledge and experience in all facets of management and administration including medical operations, performance improvement, professional corporation, revenue management, ED marketing, employee relations, "people management" skills, medical informatics, emergency preparedness and planning, scheduling, building professional relationships, customer satisfaction strategies, and patient safety initiatives.
The fellow would be required to utilize their new knowledge and skill set by structuring a faculty supervised research initiative, such as a Six Sigma project, that would positively impact our department. It is our anticipation that upon completion of the SIUH Fellowship in Emergency Medicine Management and Administration, a physician would be suitable for hire at the level of an Assistant Director of an Emergency Department.
We are currently recruiting for July 2019.